Uniting our San Rafael community to elevate the public education experience for every child through vital programs that inspire confidence, competence, and creativity.
Bahia Vista • Coleman • Davidson • Glenwood • Laurel Dell • San Pedro • Short • Sun Valley • Venetia Valley • Madrone • San Rafael HS • Terra Linda HS
Congratulations to our Teacher Mini-Grants Awardees!
After receiving 22 applications for 15 teacher mini-grants of $500 each, HeadsUp wants to thank all teachers and principals who submitted applications.
Congratulations to our Fall grantees:
- Suzanne Truett, Field Trip to the San Francisco Opera Performance “Carmen” to benefit students taking French at San Rafael High school
- Annie Yi, Spiral binding machine to make sketchbooks to benefit Art students at San Rafael High school
- Denise Corrado and Stuart Shepherd, Fieldtrip to Legion of Honor to benefit SS/Art students at Madrone school
- Katy Bernheim, Camera for the Art department to benefit Art students at Terra Linda High school
- David Tow, Classroom ready creative writing and literary arts curriculum to benefit english/MSEL students at Terra Linda High school
- Matt McCabe, “We Video” Licenses-movie making app to benefit Tech students at Davidson Middle school
- Adam Singer, Robotics Components to benefit 6th-8th graders at Davidson Middle school
- Michael Mares, Microphones to benefit Music students at Davidson Middle school
- Mateo Dillaway, Ukeleles to benefit Music students 2nd – 8th grades at Venetia Valley school
- Pierre Littlee, PBS Makey Makey to benefit a 3rd grade class at Bahia Vista school
- Emily Koller, Marin Museum of the American Indian to benefit four 5th grade classes at Bahia Vista school
- Vanessa Flynn, CAL Performance field trip to benefit 3rd-4th graders at Short school
- Kristin Vandro, fieldtrip to the San Francisco Opera House to benefit four kindergarten classes at Venetia Valley school
- Allie Kegley, Youth in Arts Assembly to benefit K-1st grade students at Venetia Valley school
- Mindy Green, Art Making Process grant to benefit 2nd graders at Laurel Dell school
HeadsUp mini-grants support innovative site-based enrichment programs K-12 that affect significant numbers of students and build confidence, competence, and creativity. This year we are expanding the program to $20,000, doubling last year’s funds which will allow many more projects to be funded.
Summerfest Carnival VII raised over $83,000!
Dozens of volunteers, SRCS staff, business partners and families throughout the community came together to support quality enrichment in San Rafael Schools!
It was a beautiful reflection of our community and a huge success. Thank you! #HUSummerfest
Click here for a video of the event
Click here for Summerfest results
HeadsUp Summerfest results en español
HeadsUp Community Night at the Pacifics was a great success!
The San Rafael City Schools Community had an opportunity to thank our many generous business partners while cheering on our local baseball team.
Thanks to the many families who attended and to the Pacifics for their support!
Congratulations 2015 Consistent Achiever Award Winners! We are so proud of you!
Read more about this amazing students here!
Our new Rockin’Run was so much fun!
Thank you, San Rafael!
Our refocused lapathon took in over $72,000 to support music education in the district.
Click here for pictures and to learn more about this event
The first HeadsUp crowdfunding campaign achieved its goal!
HeadsUp was able to raise over $7,000 to give the Davidson Marching Band the uniforms they deserve!
Thank you very much for your support!
Davidson Middle School Band Uniforms
Click the link above to hear the kids tell their story!
OUR KIDS NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!
Each and every one of you can make a difference in our children’s future here in San Rafael. Whether you’re a parent, a business owner or a community member, please join us in helping provide an enhanced and equitable education for all 7,000 K-12 students who attend the 12 San Rafael City Schools.
Investing in our children’s education is one of the most important investments for the future you can make — as a parent, as a community member, as a business.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of education in our public schools by funding vital programs and services for all students, kindergarten through high school.